[Blindmath] LEAN Math and Summer University

John Gardner john.gardner at viewplus.com
Mon Jul 8 21:26:55 UTC 2013

Hello all, the LEAN Math beta test is ready to start except that the Jaws
speech dictionary seems not to be doing what it is supposed to do.  If
anyone on this list has experience with Jaws speech dictionaries and is
willing to help me make this thing work I would appreciate it.  The NVDA and
Window-eyes screen readers are working well with LEAN Math.

If any of you who have volunteered to test don't need Jaws, please write me,
and you can start beta testing!

Another topic.  I have been asked to advertize the upcoming Summer
University workshop, September 1-5 in Bad Herrenalb, Germany, a small resort
town within about 1.5 hours of the Frankfurt airport.  Summer University is
a session for blind students and provessionals who work with them to learn
the latest technologies and techniques for accessing math and science.  The
workshoip language is English, and in the past it has attracted several
dozen participants mostly from Europe.  Apparently the timing this year is
bad, because many potential students and professionals will be in a critical
academic period and cannot take enough time off to attend.  So the
organizers are hoping to recruit more broadly.  The full cost of tuition,
room, and board is 450 Euros, but many scholarships are available, so most
people will pay only 150 Euros (about US $200).  I'm happy to correspond
with anyone who might be interested in attending.  The latest flyer is
available from:

http://www.viewplus.com/downloads/SummerUniversity2013.pdf

John Gardner

  _____

John Gardner

President

541.754.4002 x 200

 <http://www.viewplus.com/> www.viewplus.com

  _____

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This message and any files transmitted with it
may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited;
please notify the sender and delete the message. ViewPlus Technologies, Inc.
accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from this email.