[Blindmath] math reader for mac os

Jeff Orchard porch at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 31 22:07:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

This is my first post to blindmath. I'm relieved to find the list, and
hoping folks here can advise me.

I'm tasked with ensuring that online math published by the G Raymond Chang
School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University is accessible to
students.

I've had some luck with the Windows OS. I've discovered that MathType and
MathJax work nicely with JAWS 13 and IE 9, but other screen readers I've
tested have mangled the math (ZoomText, NVDA and Kurzweil 3000 so far).

I'm having less luck with the Mac OS. VoiceOver is a non starter.

Can anybody recommend a Mac screen reader that can handle math?

All the best,

Jeff

Jeff Orchard

Consultant, Web Accessibility