[Blindmath] math reader for mac os

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 22:28:58 UTC 2013

Try the Chrome browser with the ChromeVox extension under Mountain Lion.
Google has been implementing MathML to speech and it appears to work under OS X.
You can also join the Google groups axs-chrome-discuss" and check the archives for the past few months. There is a YouTube video which was presented at one of the access conferences by a couple of developers that focuses on MathML speech enable progress in ChromeVox.

You can also write to accessibility at apple.com and protest the lack of MathML support.
MathML support appears to be partially implemented in WebKit so that needs to be completed, and then VoiceOver needs to be enhanced.
We also need this done on IOS.
-Kevin