[Blindmath] Nemetex

Paul Chapin pdchapin at amherst.edu
Tue Jun 4 15:04:57 UTC 2013

I've also been looking at Nemetex for this issue. However, I hate to show my ignorance, but my impression was that the Perkins Brailler produces hard copy output only and Nemetex needs an electronic file. We'd have to switch to either a Braille notetaker or scan the printed Braille. BTW, is there any way we can use a standard notebook to do the functions of a braille notetaker? Conceptually it doesn't look like they're that different.

In the interest of full disclosure,  I've done some accessibility support in the past but it hasn't been my primary responsibility so I'm still in the process of bringing myself up to speed.

Paul Chapin