[Blindmath] JBIR, any takers?

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jun 19 01:43:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I wonder if this new journal might prove a useful vehicle for documenting
our collected experiences.

For those working in academia, contributions to email lists and web pages
doesn't count as a meaningful work output. I am interested in finding ways
of sharing ideas about statistical software in particular to a wider
audience. I do wonder at times what proportion of the adults that have a
material impact on young blind people's decisions about the future depends
on their knowledge of what can and has been achieved by blind people
already.

Perhaps those of you interested in contributing to an article on statistical
software could touch base with me off list. I might also contact some of you
directly if I don't hear from you.

Someone else might pick up on mathematics software. Have a think about it.

Jonathan

A.      Jonathan R. Godfrey

Lecturer in Statistics

Institute of Fundamental Sciences