[Blindmath] Bases, exponents, and recursion

Andy B. sonfire11 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 21:01:51 UTC 2013

I have what most likely is a simple problem. However, it is quite
complicated to figure out. I have the following problem I have to solve:

Create a function called power that takes a base and exponent as the
arguments, then returns a base exponent. For example, power(2,5)= 2*2*2*2*2.
In the recursion step, use the relationship:

Base exponent=base*base exponent-1

I am totally confused. What exactly is a base exponent?

The sample that I have used 6! As an example, but it doesn't seem to help
when trying to figure out the power of a number through recursion. I assume
the example wants something like this:

Power(2,5)=

Recursion steps:

Exponent = result