[Blindmath] Typing in Nemeth Braille

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Sep 16 10:34:20 UTC 2013

I am not sure whether anything shows the two exactly synchronised, but
there are certainly editors which allow you to quickly compile LaTeX
into PDF at the press of a key. TeXnic center on windows is one I
believe which is accessible, and TeXShop on the Mac is also accessible.

If using MathType (which is a perfectly capable system even to
university level), one can toggle between LaTeX notation and MathType
equations (which visually are print equations) just by pressing
alt+backslash.

In either case it would require the LaTeX notation to be valid to
produce output, although a LaTeX compiler will give you error messages
if the LaTeX is invalid. I do not think MathType will warn of invalid
syntax in the LaTeX notation (remember though, MathType you will have
much less syntax to manually check).

Michael Whapples