[Blindmath] TeX Editors

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 18 21:45:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

TeXnicCenter is a TeX editor, although it could be used as a text editor if someone wanted to I guess. Note the difference between TeX and text.

It has menus and hot keys for the inclusion of standard TeX commands (including environments) that are commonly used. These include mathematical expressions as well as formatting of regular text.

It has menu items for processing the raw TeX file(s) into the desired finished product file type. Default types are dvi ps and pdf. I haven't tried to but expect it wouldn't bee too difficult to use html or xhtml via the tex4ht tools as well.

My comments re the beta are not based on my own issues with the beta version as my very limited experience suggests there isn't a problem. I do know that others do shy away from beta products, so I wanted to point out the usefulness of the last stable release.

Jonathan