[Blindmath] superscript on an APEX question

Daniel danielgillen at rcn.com
Thu Sep 26 20:07:23 UTC 2013

Dear list,

  I am Daniel Gillen, a college student majoring in physics who
is a power user of the Apex.  For the longest time, I've known
that one needs to be in 8-dot Computer Braille to take advantage
of the various plain-text and extended Unicode characters.
Hence, the caret (or beginning of superscript material) is most
efficiently written in 8-dot Computer Braille using dot 7
(backspace) together with dots 4-5.  The way in 6-dot mode is to
first press space with U (U for uppercase), and then dots 4-5.
The option to switch to 8-dot mode is in Braille Options under
the Options Menu.
(Just as a side note: I find it convenient to use the tilde
character for the beginning of a square-root expression.  With
that, I would end all superscript material or material under the
radical sign that has additional text on the base line with a
double-quote mark.)
  I hope this was helpful.  As I've been a member of the
BlindMath listserv for quite some time, I could help anyone with
such questions as this.

Thank you,
Daniel