[Blindmath] Project Lead the Way

Sara Larkin SLarkin at iowa-braille.k12.ia.us
Wed Apr 2 14:34:06 UTC 2014

We have a student in Iowa who would like to take Project Lead the Way classes.  This student has no vision and there is concern about the accessibility of AutoCad software, etc. for this student.  He would not be able to use a mouse since he does not have vision.  Is there any way for the student to use keyboard commands and be able to use the software without being able to see the screen?  Does anyone else out there have students who have participated in this program and if so, to what extent?  Are there any engineers out there with no vision who would have any advice here?  I have been in contact with Project Lead the Way and AutoCad, but am not getting much for answers.  Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sara

Sara Larkin
Math Consultant
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1002 G Avenue
Vinton, IA 52349

(319)472-5221 ext.1119
1-800-645-4579