[Blindmath] Webinar on the Orion TI-84 in 30 minutes

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Wed Apr 23 17:28:48 UTC 2014

I thought I would send this to the math list for anyone who has not had
time to see the TI-84 below is an announcement for a webinar that is going
on in the next 30 minutes if you're interested.  I will be on to answer
questions after the webinar and I can even do demo on command.  See below

Hello list,

This Wednesday, April 23rd, we are having the fifth live webcast of the
Happenings Around The House Series. The presentation will take place at
2:00 PM ET; 1:00 CT; 12:00 MT; and 11:00 PT. The title of the presentation
is:

"Developing Powerful New Graphing and Computation Tools for the Visually
Impaired, with Ken Perry, Research Project Leader"

We have a new 'Happenings' page, so you can log in by going to:
WWW.APH.ORG/HAPPENINGS <http://WWW.APH.ORG/HAPPENINGS> , and clicking on
the "Join Live Webcast" link.
Type your name in the 'User name", and leave the password blank.

American Printing House developed the new Orion TI-84 plus Talking graphing
calculator based on the TI-84 Plus.  In this program we will explore the
approach and design concepts and features of the unit. We will then present
its audio and speech facilities, and the capabilities for connecting to
external peripherals.  We will also give an overview of the functions of
the calculator - its computational capabilities, graphing features, and
other functionality such as matrices and how these have been made
accessible, and the ability provided to the user to create their own
applications on the calculator and expand its functionality.