[Blindmath] Math for everyday use

Wilson_KC Wilson_KC at asdk12.org
Mon Dec 8 16:57:31 UTC 2014

I have an 8th grade blind student in pre-algebra.  She constantly asks the question, "When will I ever use this?" or "Why do I need to learn this?"  I'm going to have her do some of her own research on practical applications for math, I have some of my own ideas, but I wanted to ask you all for some "come back" answers.  I realize many of you are math geeks, but this student is not, at least at this point in time.  So can you let me know how you, as a blind person, use math in your every day life?

Thanks.