[Blindmath] [Blind math] Spatial Abilities

Mike Jolls mrspock56 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:52:23 UTC 2014

OK, so APH produces these 3D shapes ... but with the advent of the 3D printer, this might make production of such shapes more readily available to teachers ... if they had ready access to one.  Perhaps this could be a tool that could help teachers obtain the 3D shapes they need independently of places like APH.  Just a thought.  I just looked up the price quickly using Google .. .they range from $600 to $3000 ... fast glance there.  So a teacher couldn't just go out and throw down pocket change and get one.  Still, if a school district could pop for the money, plus the software required to drive the printer ... it might make production of such objects easier.

Now all we need is a breakthrough in production of a multi-line Braille display ... but that's for another discussion group.