[Blindmath] Accessible introduction to Statistics preffiberely with R

Jared Stofflett stofflet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:55:49 UTC 2014

Hello, I am a totally blind programmer who took up through Calc one
while in college several years ago. I'd like to learn basic statistics
for use in trying to generate projections for daily fantasy sports.
>From doing research I believe R will be my program of choice. Can
anyone point me to a text that is available in an easily accessible
format that covers basic statistics? It would be helpful if R was the
tool used but not required. I am a braille reader so can use a braille
display or possibly try to find a way to have a BRF file printed out
for me. If there is not a text already in an accessible form what
would be the easiest way to convert a LaTeX file to either MathML or
braille? Thanks for any info.