[Blindmath] FW: [program-l] accessible latex editor

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Mar 28 09:50:03 UTC 2014

Hello,
TeXnic Center has been presented at the ICCHP Summer University since
the first one in 2010. So for those wanting to use it then some of the
materials from Summer University may be useful.

It is slightly surprising that this is the first time anyone has given
the developers feedback on accessibility as people have been using it as
an accessible TeX editor for some years now.

May be it is an indication of its success, when something works well you
should not really notice your using it, you should just be able to get
on with the task you want to. Unfortunately for developers this does
mean that positive feedback is less frequently recieved.

This makes me think a little of the GRML Linux distribution, where there
once was talk of removing certain accessibility features to reduce the
image size as the developer heard nothing about it being used, and then
all these comments came forward saying don't remove it, no comments were
given because it just worked and no improvements needed to be made.

May be it says something about the state of other tools when one feels
they have to say something about a tool just doing what it is meant to.

Michael Whapples