[Blindmath] Division of Polynomials

John Gardner gardnerj at onid.orst.edu
Sun May 4 23:31:35 UTC 2014

Hi Susan, I agree with you that it is important for students who need to
master the subject to be able to communicate with sighted peers.  Which
means that understanding standard visual layout is usually important even if
there are alternate ways to approach a problem.  For people fluent in
Nemeth, your references are very good, and most Nemeth-speaking students
would do well to follow your advice.

I will point out however that understanding visual layout does not
necessarily require Nemeth braille.  Or any braille.  Pranav's suggestion of
using Excel fulfills the same need of understanding layout and can be used
by braille readers or by audio speech readers.  Though braille is probably
faster.

Be well.
John