[Blindmath] Linear formulas for synthetic division algorithm available in Nemeth braille

Jonathon Yaggie via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 01:45:12 UTC 2014

The attachment was long division of polynomials by the way.  I do not think
I even did an example dividing by a linear polynomial.  But it does execute
the algorithm completely for a couple examples which is helpful for many
students.  However, that statement is based on experience with sighted
students who seem to excel at procedure (a consequence of our educational
system?).  I am uncertain how/if these carries over to blind students.

Jon Yaggie
EYH Volunteer Coordinator
UIC Mathematics