[Blindmath] FW: Solving systems by Graphing

sabra1023 via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 17:56:47 UTC 2014

Actually, blind people in the working world don't use graphs that they have to make themselves. They tied points into programs like Excel and make graphs on the computer. As long as you can solve the equation and you have the values, you don't have to worry about the graph. You can either have another member of your team make it, or use a computer program. Further, most people who are taking higher level math courses aren't doing so to become mathematicians. You're doing to major in other areas where they wouldn't have to make graphs. If you're going to say that the blind student has to make every single grass and higher level math, explain what would be a time efficient way to do so. Note that if the blind student makes the grass on the computer, it is solely for the benefit of decided teacher and won't help the blind student at all in addition to taking more time so when you have a suggestion, it needs to be a graphic the blind person can feel as well. Graphing is a representation of a problem. Not the only way to get a job done. This is why I get so frustrated when interacting mathematically with other sighted people. People who can solve graphically, but not algebraically, don't get nearly as much flack from educators, and that isn't right. To wrap this up, I think the blind people should have that accommodation especially in higher level math and not as much and lower-level math. And lower-level math it will be much easier for the blind student to make the graphs, and it will be necessary to understand the concept of graphing.