[Blindmath] Spatial Abilities

David Andrews via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Thu May 29 01:47:32 UTC 2014

Arielle, I think spacial sense is not necessarily blindness
related.  I am a pretty good judge of space -- packing a truck
wouldn't be a problem for me.  I can walk around a new room, and have
a very good idea if my furniture will fit, and where best to put each piece.

When I moved into my house, with my kids I arranged their
rooms.  They were pretty little.  As they grew they wanted to take
matters into their own hands, and moved everything (into terrible
positions I must point out,)  Piece by piece, the furniture has gone
back to where I put it initially.  I forgot to say I am totally blind.

Dave