[Blindmath] Question about orca reading latex

Paula Estrella pestrella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:01:53 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm new to the list so I apologize if this topic has already
been discussed, in that case just point me to the right thread.

We're interested in helping blind computer science students in their
activities at our university and one thing we found out is that orca
reads latex literally, which is not very nice if you're trying to
understand maths topics.

Does anyone know if there is a module for orca or a work around it to
get latex read in a more natural way? for example $\lvert x \rvert$
read as “absolute value of x”

Thanks a lot for any information!
Best regards
Paula Estrella