[Blindmath] java

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Sep 18 16:15:21 UTC 2014

Richard,

It would be best if you would raise this question on the NFBCS list as I know there are some JAVA programmers
there.  There are people here who can answer your question as well, but we try to stick to math on this list.  In
addition, the answer to your question is not a simple one.  Some JAVA development tools are accessible, but the
results of running a JAVA program are often not.  There are ways to make the output accessible, but it is unlikely
that approach will be taught in your course.  It still should be possible to take the course, although you might
need to work with a reader for some of the class work.  For more specifics, though, please subscribe to the NFB in
Computer Science list at

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:46:57 +0000, Wheatley, Richard via Blindmath wrote:

>Hello
>I have a module in computer programming as part of my second year physics corse and Java is the programme that is
due to be taught.
>I have never done any computer programming and the lectures at uni have never taught a blind programmer, so could
anyone tell me if java is accessable? And if so is there anything you can suggest that may help get me started?