[Blindmath] Millimeter ruler?

Daniel Gillen danielgillen at rcn.com
Tue Sep 23 20:42:18 UTC 2014

dear Liz,

Over the many years that I've been through school, I have seen a few different millimeter rulers that have tactile markings on them. Because, of course, the resolution of braille dots is far greater than a millimeter between each.(and the same is true for the size of the dots anyway), it is more favorable to have the tactile markings along the gauge 4 mm and cm. in many cases, I have also seen the inch side of the ruler divided into what looks like sixteenths, which are almost always Mark tactually on these devices. none of these, however, had any braille, although the numbers were apparently small and raised. What I have been able to do, though, was count the number of large markings first, and then the number of smaller ones, the same way a sighted person might do it by inference. Regardless, there was no actual readable text on the ruler itself.

Thank you,

sent from my iPhone