[Blindmath] Want to Help Screen Magnification Users?

Jeffrey Wilson jeff.adams.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:58:21 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

My name is Jeff Wilson and I am a Computer Science Ph.D. student at North
Carolina State University. I am conducting research on novel screen
magnification interfaces and am in need of participants for a replication
study. Your participation could greatly benefit individuals with a visual
impairment who use screen magnification software!

I am seeking the participation of individuals with a visual impairment who
have experience using screen magnification software. The experiment will
only require 15 to 30 minutes of your time and can be performed on your own
PC. If you would like to participate or learn more, please visit the
following web page. This page includes a download link to the experiment
software, which is a standalone Java application with a .jar extension:

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jawilso7/magnificationExperiment/

To participate, you must have a Windows PC and have experience using screen
magnification software. Current users of magnification software are
preferred, but prior experience is also acceptable. When you complete the
experiment, the software will give you instructions for how to send your
anonymized data to me.

Feel free to contact me either here on the mailing list, or by personal
email if you have questions.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff Wilson
Ph.D. student