[Blindmath] Looking for a particular type of person to ask questions

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 03:34:39 UTC 2015

So it might not be possible for me to get very much out of a lecture then.i'm not actually looking for details. I was just looking for basic big picture outlines of topics. But I feel like when I go to class the other students get those things and I don't.I probably can't ask my professor to go slower.maybe it might help if we actually did work on problems in class. I had a teacher last semester where for part of the class we worked on problems in groups to see if he understood it and that was helping until he kept pairing me with someone who couldn't speak any English.well, she could speak some English, but not well enough for me to understand.but most professors don't do that. They are convinced that the traditional lecture style is the most helpful and they are going to stay with that.I do wish I could get more out of my class while I'm actually in class, but I guess that won't be possible unless the structure of the class inherently changes, and that won't happen.I am glad that I have tutoring to help me learn the concepts so I can still take the course without getting things from the class, but I do think it's sad.honestly, I get so little out of my class that if I missed it, it wouldn't really affect me much, but if I missed tutoring, it would set me back a lot.

Sabra Ewing

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/nabs.president%40gmai