[Blindmath] technology frustration with my mathlab.com

kroskos at cox.net kroskos at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 02:24:28 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am currently using my math lab through pearson. It is definitely
challenging. I am using a computer with windows 8, IE11, and Jaws 16.

     It took me a long time to work things out with their tech support, and
I had to postpone taking my math classes several times as a result.
Fortunately, my disability coordinator was finally able to get somewhere
with them, but it took some veiled threats of law suits to make them sit up
and take notice. I still don't think the program is completely accessible,
for example, the verbal description of diagrams is still quite poor, but
luckily my instructor is fantastic and gives me some slack on that
particular content.

I don't know if any of this information helps you, but I do understand your
confusion.

Kathy