[Blindmath] Accessing PDF

Vincent Martin vincent.martin at gatech.edu
Sun Feb 15 17:40:35 UTC 2015

Hello,
I worked for AMAC accessible solutions part-time when I was working on my Master's at Georgia Tech.  Now that I am a PhD student, I only work as a graduate assistant.  We did the initial accessibility work for Pearson and Course Smart then.  I don't know why this is not advertised more, but it is a phenomenal source for course textbooks.  I just hope that it is accessible from a European server.  I know two years ago, it was only accessible in the US.
I use it just to look up topics in my research area and things that I am just interested in.  Most of all, I get to preview books that I may have to gain access to for my actual research.  Having access to the full content has saved me and the school a lot of time and money on book conversions.
   through Course Smart.  You can actually rent access to the book for the exact same amount that sighted students would pay.   Get your school to get an account an you can read the book with any screen reader and the Mathematics will be read correctly.  I have used it to access a number of books this way.