[Blindmath] [nfbcs] FW: [program-l] Survey about Barriers in CS Education

Rasmussen, Lloyd via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Fri Jul 3 21:38:29 UTC 2015

From: program-l-bounce at freelists.org
[mailto:program-l-bounce at freelists.org] On Behalf Of Catherine Baker
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:16 PM
To: program-l at freelists.org
Subject: [program-l] Survey about Barriers in CS Education

Hello,
I am a graduate student in Computer Science and Engineering at the
University of Washington. My group is interested in creating tools to
help blind programmers. In order to better understand the challenges
faced by them, I am conducting a survey on the barriers encountered
as they learned to program. We would also like to invite some
participants to take part in follow-up interviews to expound upon
their answers and get more details about the barriers they have
faced. You will be able to indicate if you would be willing to
participate in the follow-up interviews at the end of the survey.

The survey is intended to be completed by adults who have completed
an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field and
used a screen reader while completing that degree. If you meet the
criteria, are one of the first 100 people to complete the survey
answering at least half the questions, and provide your information,
you will receive a $5 Amazon gift card. Please note, responses deemed
to be spam will not receive compensation. Those who are interviewed
as a follow up to the survey will receive a $30 Amazon gift card. The
survey should take approximately 15 minutes. The follow-up interview
should take approximately an hour.

Here is the link to the survey:
https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/cmbaker/260612. The survey will
close July 16.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone else you know who may be
interested in participating in our study.

Sincerely,

Catherine Baker
Computer Science and Engineering
University of Washington