[Blindmath] accessible, searchable pdf generated from LaTeX, possible?

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sun Jun 7 23:44:16 UTC 2015

Hi Daniel et al.

I regularly create both pdf and html versions of documents from latex sources because the pdf is not accessible; it also doesn't look like they will be accessible any time soon either so  you will need to find an accessible alternative instead of pdf.

I create the pdf as normal but also use tex4ht as well. It comes with the miktex2.9 installation.
I know that tex4ht can make accessible mathematical content but I'm not totally happy with it.
Tim's suggestion does make accessible math content though.

You might also need to consider re-thinking the way you write up your work so that it is less pdf oriented in the first place. If you think of creating an HTML file you will be creating something that is equally readable by all users. Making a pdf from there would be relatively simple.

You might therefor consider starting to write your work using markdown instead of latex.

Jonathan