[Blindmath] Any experts on electronic math and/or tactile graphics going to be in Orlando?

nabs.president at gmail.com nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:14:03 UTC 2015

Good evening,

The National association of blind students has our annual business meeting
on Monday July 6 from 7 to 10pm. I am interested in having a small moderated
panel of one or two students and one or two experts who create tactile
graphics, possess knowledge of MathML, LEAN Editor, access to math with
JAWS, NVDA and Braille displays, etc. Interested specifically in getting
access to math and how that can open up economics, statistics, finance,
science, and math all as fields of study and employment.

Would anybody on this list potentially be interested in discussing this
important issue and these exciting opportunities with students on July 6 in
Orlando or know somebody who would? If so, please reply directly or call me
at 262 309-1034.

Sean Whalen

President, National Association of Blind Students

Nabs.president at gmail.com

www.nabslink.org