[Blindmath] Translating text in a SVG file to Braille for printing

John Gardner john.gardner at viewplus.com
Sun Jun 14 00:46:34 UTC 2015

Pranav, I presume that you want to get those text labels out and translate them separately from the map.  It is pretty rare to find a graphic where the text can be transformed to braille on the graphic itself - braille is just too big. You have a copy of IVEO Creator I believe. The text labels are available as a list from one of the edit menu items.  I believe you can just copy and paste these into something that can be translated and embossed.

If you do want to emboss them as labels on the map, there will soon be a new IVEO version that permits one to transform text to braille and emboss it. Would you like to be a beta tester?  My guess is that your SVG will need to be embossed pretty big though, so you'll need to use a wide format Tiger embosser.

John