[Blindmath] Orion TI-84 Plus 2.0 Beta

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Sat Mar 14 20:25:11 UTC 2015

Happy PI (?) Day!

In honor of March 14 (3.14), we celebrated by announcing the release

of Version 1.1.0 of the Orion TI-84 Plus firmware. Now it is a year

later again on PI day (3.14.15).  We are happy to announce the start

of Beta testing Version 2.0 of the Orion TI-84 Plus firmware.  If you
currently own a Orion TI-84 Plus you can freely update to the beta and it
when beta testing is done the update will be free as well. We have

fixed some typos and bugs but most importantly we have added 6 main

new features:

1)  Braille output when using a APH Refreshibraile. in either Nemeth or UEB

2)  A new Sonograph review mode for Statistics and non-contiguous graphs.

3) Support for Inequalities.

4) Indications of Intersection points.

5)  Max and min indications.

6) A new sound for cursor position when full review is played in trace mode.

Updating to the 2.0 from 1.1.0 is simple.  You only need to update the

Orion portion of the calculator so no Graph link cable is needed.  We

ask that you upgrade your Orion unit and give these new features a

good test.  There is a user manual with examples included in the

download file you download during your update. Please read the document and
try all the features out.  If you find problems let us

know so we can get them fixed.

The only requirement to beta test is you sign up on the beta list which is
simple to do by sending an email to

Gc-beta-subscribe at tech.aph.org <mailto:Gc-beta-subscribe at tech.aph.org>

After you subscribe you will be able to go to the download link found on the
gc-beta Welcome email.

One last note.  this is only the first beta of 2.0.  The more input we

get the more beta releases there will be.  If everyone is happy with

this beta then we will wrap things up and get this out to everyone.  We

will be making one more change before release and that is to change

some of the preference menus to make it more easy to get to options.

Thanks for all the help you give us in this Beta test period.

If you are currently taking a class make sure you don't try to install the
update just before a test in case something goes wrong.  We have had no
problems installing the update so far but there is always the one time 10
minutes before a test where Murphy could raise his ugly head.

Ken Perry /kperry at aph.org