[Blindmath] binary basics

Bill Dengler (Windows 7 on Retina macBook Pro) codeofdusk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:37:40 UTC 2015

I'll write a quick intro :
Binary is the base 2 number system, so it's place values are powers of 2.
2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768,
65536, etc.
To represent a number in binary, you must represent it using 1 and the
powers of 2. If a number has a power, insert a 1, if not 0.
For example :
1 0b1
2 0b10 (2+0)
3 0b11 (2+1)
4 0b100 (4+0 twos+0 ones)
7 0b111 (4+2+1)
9 0b1001 (8+0 fours+0 twos+1)
If you need more clarification please email.
Thanks,
Bill.