[Blindmath] braille code changes and nemeth

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:34:20 UTC 2015

The last point, regarding the lack of authority for the Braille
Authority is interesting--I didn't know that.
I for one would be happy to disregard the new rules and just stick to
the original ones, which is what I will continue to do.
I wonder though how many publishers will really pay attention to the
Braille Authority?
I mean any change will take years and if it makes life more
complicated for the transcribers, I can guarantee that most publishers
will be happy enough to stick to the original system, no matter how
much some individuals or organizations might insist that the UEB is
better--which I don't think it is.