[Blindmath] braille code changes and nemeth

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 22:51:39 UTC 2015

Yes to all Susan states, I'm a parent and my daughter is in 9th grade. I don't know how this will affect her right at a critical point in high school, and I'm not looking forward to dealing with all the extra stress this will bring. These are not simple changes as some have mentioned.

I like to know what to expect, and what to prepare her for. This is not just the job of her VI Teacher, who is still not sure what all the changes are either.

So, it seems that a lot was done and I had no idea about it til about 1 year ago. Seems that if you don't belong to some organization you are out. There was not a lot of talk about this in any list, that seems weird to me.

I also since discovering this list have been interested in what all of your points of view are, specifically how these changes will impact any math and science students and professionals.

As with any change there are good things and bad things that come with it. In this case I do not care for the bad that this will bring, and these are my daughters feelings, she is not happy with any of the changes with Nemeth.

I apologize for any grammar mistakes as English is not my first language.

Thank you,

Heidi