[Blindmath] MathJax rendering

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Mon Nov 9 01:25:30 UTC 2015

Hi,
In the future, many screen readers probably will soon be able to
announce mathjax rendering out-of-the-box. For now, users will need to
right click equations, then press ctrl+end to go to the end of the
doccument, and then arrow up until they find the math settings or
something like that. The graphics with la-tex are not one of the options
under math renderers, which makes me wonder if mathjax supports this.
This was tested with a document created by mathtype. There may be a way
to tweek mathjax to do this by default, please consult mathjax
documentation for more details. Otherwise, use mathml by default. For
nvda users who have downloaded mathplayer from design science, mathml
reading is now as easy as opening up firefox or internet explorer, and
reading math on a mathml aware webpage. I think jaws will soon be on the
same page, if it isn't already. For now, the la tex graphics work, but
are a bit ugly if one doesn't have a braille display. I am not sure how
wikipedia is doing this though.

On 11/8/2015 11:42 AM, Littlefield, Tyler via Blindmath wrote:

    Derek Riemer

  * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  * Open source enthusiast.
  * Member of Bridge Cu
  * Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio <http://derekriemer.drupalgardens.com>
Non-proffessional website. <http://derekriemer.pythonanywhere.com/personal>
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!
<http://derekriemer.pythonanywhere.com/weather>

email me at derek.riemer at colorado.edu <mailto:derek.riemer at colorado.edu>
Phone: (303) 906-2194