[Blindmath] Question about having an assistant in the classroom for stem subjects

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:01:44 UTC 2015

Basically, I am having a situation where I had problems in a lecture style course. It came up while at resolving these problems that the professor said I declined an assistant at the beginning of the class, implying that if I had an assistant, everything would have been hunky-dory. I know that the problems I had had nothing to do with whether assistant or present or not. The only thing I think an assistant would have been useful for is as a witness to things that happened inside the classroom. Because I can't even understand what an assistant is supposed to do in a situation like mine, I can't explain why the lack of an assistant did not cause my problems.

Sabra Ewing