[Blindmath] Ways to create math solutions for sighted instructors

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Wed Aug 17 19:26:57 UTC 2016

Hi Neal,

Does Duxbury 12.1 include the ability to translate from nemeth directly to LaTex print file? How is this done?

Also, the student in question uses a Mac. I know there is a Duxbury version available for the Mac, but will the student be able to do what you suggest on a Mac? If not, we may be able to provide a loaner Windows laptop.

Thanks to all who responded!

Best,

Russell

>>> Neal Kuniansky via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> 2016-08-17 1:05 PM >>>
First the disclosure, I am with Duxbury Systems the manufacturer of DBT (the
Duxbury Braille Translator).

If the student uses DBT Win version 12.1, the they can six key in their
braille math directly [in either UEB or Nemeth].
Then the student can translate that file to LaTex print file.
The student can open the resulting file in any LaTeX software, such as the
free Scientific Viewer, and print it out for the braille impaired teacher.
This can all be done independently by the student with their access
technology.

Cheers,
Neal
neal at duxsys.com
+1 978-692-3000
www.DuxburySystems.com
Duxbury Systems, Inc.
Your braille solution around the globe since 1976!