[Blindmath] Ways to create math solutions for sighted instructors

Daniel Gillen danielgillen at rcn.com
Wed Aug 17 21:57:14 UTC 2016

I am well aware of that. However, my professors in college and other instructors seemed well able (as the proved to me) to understand and even write comments containing this particular notation. For the most part, I tended to use the most standard math symbols for things such as calculus or set theory (like integrals and empty-set or element-of signs). The times when I would make something more spatial would occur when rendering large matrices such as more than three-by-three arrays in linear algebra and other contexts. For smaller matrices or vectors, I would use something similar to what programming languages tend to use with parentheses or square brackets. all in all, it seemed to work really well for the purposes of doing regular homework assignments and exams. Yet I know that when I write my physics thesis this year, I will be preparing it using LaTeX. I have quite a bit of familiarity with this markup language, as often I have received assignments where math notation was marked up in it. in many cases, this is what I received the assignment in, and then I would take the time to convert this format into the hybrid notation system that both my instructor and I could understand. I feel that the main disadvantage of using any of those editors are other resources is that the document would have to go through more than one device and a few different programs before finally arriving in the instructor's hands or inbox. Thus the system that I ended up using was both readable and timely.

Thank you,
Daniel

sent from my iPhone