[Blindmath] [Blind math] APH TALKING GRAPHING CALCULATOR

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Fri Feb 12 04:00:12 UTC 2016

Ok there are some possibilities.   First you can try resetting the top unit.
I am betting you have tried this though but just incase you have not. Hold
the ctrl and the shift key together for a second then turn the calculator on
and off  again.

If that doesn't fix it.

The next thing to check and this will take a sighted person to help you.
Turn on the calculator.  Press the 2nd key followed by the memory key one
above the enter key.  Arrow to about and press enter.  If your sighted
helper does not see Orbit in that dialog then you have the wrong OS somehow
on the TI portion of the calculator.  This sometimes happens when upgrading
the OS and picking the wrong file.  If Orbit is not there you need to update
the OS of the TI-84 to the correct firmware.  It can be found on the
tech.aph.org/gc_info.htm page under the link for updating.

The last thing you can try is to re-upgrade the Orion accessory unit on the
top.  Doing this sometimes resets a state in the accessibility unit.  If
that doesn't fix it it is time to get a hold of either me or  our tech
support at APH.  My APH email is kperry at aph.org     In fact we probably
should pull this off the Blind math list.  Your better place to ask these
questions are on the gc mailing list for the Orion TI-84.  You can subscribe
to it like the manual of your calculator says by sending an email to

gc-subscribe at tech.aph.org

To keep spam filters from deleting your mail just stick subscribe in the
body and the subject.

If you don't want to join that list please send any further questions to me
off list at kperry at aph.org.

Thanks and sorry you're having these issues.

Ken