[Blindmath] {Spam?} JAWS: {Math Processing Error]

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 2 23:23:47 UTC 2016

Near the end of 2014, JAWS switched from using MathPlayer to using their
own speech generation. If you are a JAWS user only, there is no need to
have MathPlayer on your machine. These days, it takes work to get
MathPlayer to actually *display *math in a web page, and when it does, its
modifications to the page are pretty minimal -- it would be highly unlikely
that MathPlayer is the problem.

If you use NVDA from time to time, you should keep MathPlayer around so you
can read math web pages and MS Office. These days, MathPlayer's use is
almost entirely for speech, not for display.

     Neil