[Blindmath] Data on braille vs. speech use

Aqil Sajjad aqilsajjad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 09:00:55 UTC 2016

Is there any available data on the effectiveness with which people use braille or speech output for doing high-level algebra? Especially at the college or grad school level? I am genuinely curious since there are plenty of strongly-held opinions around but was wondering if there is any data on the subject.

For everyone's sake, I do hope that there is enough data to show that both braille and speech can be used equally efficiently and that it depends on the individual. But I will share my own opinions later.