[Blindmath] Data on braille vs. speech use

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:23:26 UTC 2016

Interestingly, I have the opposite problem; I can’t use Braille to do math, so rely on speech. I use tactile diagrams with accompanying description.
I’ve been totally blind since birth, was taught Braille at a young age, but have always been quite slow (max reading speed is around 60WPM).
Generally, though, Amanda’s situation seems to be more common in the blind community from what I’ve seen.
I’m currently taking Pre-Calculus and am in 10th grade, if that matters.

Bill