[Blindmath] LaTeX to MathML

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Mar 23 23:50:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

In addition to the new app mentioned in another reply, I would note a few comments.

You can try the conversion tool at
http://convertlatex.com/
which will create three files (all HTML) using different formats for the output math content.

The excellent pandoc tool also generates these same three styles of presentation for the math content.

Those three presentations are MathML, MathJax, and webTex which is the Wikipedia style graphic with alt tag. Neither interface can handle all styles of LaTeX input, especially the user defined functions found in the preamble of a document. These user defined functions create all sorts of havoc for conversion tools, but as an author they are ultra-convenient.

To control pandoc's conversion, create a foo.pandoc file alongside your foo.tex file. You may need to search for the right things to put into that options file, but the following is a start for conversion from foo.md to all manner of other file formats.
<starts>
s:
number-sections:
bibliography: foo.bib
toc:

t: html5
mathjax:
o: foo_MathJax.html

t: html
webtex:
o: foo_WebTeX.html

t: latex
no-tex-ligatures:
o: foo.pdf

t: docx
mathml:
o: foo.docx
<ends>
You'll need to edit the foo.* lines for the various output file formats.

Hope all this helps.

Jonathan