[Blindmath] LaTeX to MathML

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 24 00:57:56 UTC 2016

Hi John,

Unfortunately this mode of conversion is no longer as useful as it was under miktex2.8 where tex4ht was more fully supported.

Under the current version 2.9, the ability to convert math expressions into anything other than an unlabelled graphic is supposedly possible, but proves very difficult to set up properly. In my discussions with everyone I've met using 2.9 and supposedly generating the MathML cannot explain to me what extra steps I need to get this working again.

Miktex2.8 is no longer supported so practically everyone will have upgraded to 2.9 and therefore lost that wonderful tool.

I'd love to see it sorted out. The major advantage of tex4ht over the other suggestions offered is that it could handle the user defined functions I mentioned in my last post as it operated at the right level in the compilation process to get so many things right. I still use tex4ht to generate html files, but the math content advantage is lost, so I now only use it for content that has very little Greek and equations.

Jonathan