[Blindmath] Finance stock questions

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:29:43 UTC 2016

Morning,

                I am working with Excel on valuing a bond, and I am
interested in knowing how to set up the following question:

A firm is just about to pay a dividend of $2 per share. This is expected to
grow at 15% a year for five years, 10% a year for the ten years after that
before finally settling down to a growth rate of 5% per year forever. The
required rate of similar stocks is 10%.

a. Calculate the current price of a share

b.  The current share price is $62.13.  Determine the required rate of
return under the assumption that dividend projections are correct.

Thank you in advance!

Kathryn