[Blindmath] Is there any open source program for editing braille?

William Freeman wfreeman at aph.org
Fri May 13 11:07:18 UTC 2016

Here's a link for Braille Zephyr:

https://www.cbtbc.org/braille/braillezephyr/

Thanks,
William

-----Original Message-----
From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of John J. Boyer via Blindmath
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 2:04 AM
To: Saaqib Mahmuud <saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.in>; Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
Cc: John J. Boyer <john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org>
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Is there any open source program for editing braille?

There is BrailleZephyr, which simulates a Perkins braillewriter. It has six-key keyboard entry, bells near the end of line, margin, etc. I don't remember where to obtain it at the moment, so I'll write back later.

John

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 03:40:32AM +0000, Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics wrote:
> Hi Blind Math mates? How's it going?
>
> My query though not directly on mathematics can be beneficial to many people.
>
> Is there any open source software program that can perform similar functionality as the Duxbury's DBT program? I mean is there any program that can enable editing of braille using the f-d-s-j-k-l keys on the computer keyboard?
>
> Regards.
>
> Saaqib
> ilitiessoft.org BlindMath Gems can be found at

John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop software for people with disabilities which is
         available at no cost.