[Blindmath] Subscript and superscript notation and mathml

John Gardner john.gardner at viewplus.com
Fri May 13 23:53:56 UTC 2016

Karen, the answer is "it depends". But it is largely accurate to say that sub and superscripts need to be in some standard math notation and not just shown in sub or superscript position in Word, HTML, etc. MathML is good, but LaTeX is often readable too - where one would read x^3 for x cubed for example.

Math is still a moving target. And the target is really moving slowly. But still it is possible for authors to write math nowadays so it is both mainstream and accessible. This was not true a decade ago.

John