[Blindmath] Learning R

Suman Rath sr0038 at mix.wvu.edu
Sun Nov 13 23:51:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I am a new stats student and am fully blind.
I use jaws 17 and a windows 8 laptop.
To finish my work with stats and get better at it, I have been trying
to use SPSS.

However as i am a PhD student, I will be using stats for the for
seable future. Thus I have decided to learn R as that is my best
source of accessing stats.
These are my questions:

1. I am a completely new student to statistical concepts and my
professor uses SPSS and doesn't know R.
In that case, how could I learn R on my own? Are their any torials for
newcommers and accessible to screen readers?
2. How much time could this take?

I know DR. Godfrey has an excellent resource and he has been of help
but I was also looking for full course to learn the language well.

Regards,
Suman.