[Blindmath] MathType in UEB

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Nov 28 07:51:34 UTC 2016

Hello Derek,

I know many of the people on this list are US based, but there are plenty of us that  live outside in countries where UEB has been adopted and if our country ever used Nemeth then it is being phased out.

Personally, I struggle with solutions that enforce the attitude of doing things the way the producer wants instead of what the consumer needs. This is just one case in point, but having one braille solution is better than having no solution which is what we find in other contexts.

I look forward to the time when it is the choice of the end-user and their adaptive technology that determines how they read braille instead of it being hard wired into the design of the device, operating system, or screen reader.

Jonathan