[Blindmath] MathType in UEB

Daniel Gillen danielgillen at rcn.com
Mon Nov 28 14:40:15 UTC 2016

As I have not used MathPlayer myself, the way I've interacted with MathType content is when I've been receiving my math/physics assignments in college and converting Word documents with MathType into Braille files through Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) software. I would think that DBT has a few UEB templates that can be used when importing Word files with MathType content and then translating them into Braille. This would be if one was to read a formatted Braille (BRF) file on a BrailleNote or other similar device, but I'm not sure if this could be a method for displaying math content on the fly (say, when reading a Web page with math on it). Besides, does Canada use UEB for math as well as literary content, or are they doing something a bit like what the U.S. is trying to iplement in most places (UEB for literary and Nemeth Code for math/science materials)?

Thank you,
Daniel